- Total hotels in Downtown New Orleans (French Quarter, Central Business District, Waterhouse District and Garden District): 108
- Total hotel rooms in Downtown New Orleans: 25, 500
- Total hotels in Greater New Orleans Area (including Downtown hotels): 153
- Total hotel rooms in Greater New Orleans area (including Downtown hotels): 40,400
- RFP assistance for hotel accommodations
- Site inspection assistance
- Complimentary bags and visitor guides
- Date check availability planning
- Complimentary promotional marketing tools
- Enjoy live music performances
- The National WWII Museum
- Airboat/Swamp tours
- Plantation tours
- Unique and diverse museum options
- Cemetery/Ghost tours
- Mississippi River cruises
“Our complimentary service will help you and your family plan a local or destination reunion in New Orleans. Before you choose your dates, let us check the special events and exclusive convention calendar for you. We make the planning easy and remove the additional stress from the reunion planner.”
– Rachel Funel, Account Executive, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
New Orleans, Louisiana
With year-round celebrations, world-class restaurants and attractions, and some of the biggest festivals in the country, New Orleans is the perfect spot for a family reunion. And 2018 marks the 300th anniversary of New Orleans, which means it’s the ideal time to plan your visit to the Crescent City.
New Orleans is more than just Mardi Gras, it also offers many free family-friendly festivals including the Satchmo Summer Festival, Treme Creole Gumbo Festival and the French Market Creole Tomato Festival. Spring is filled with more extraordinary events that keep visitors entertained all season long, including the Buku Music + Art Project, Congo Square New World Rhythms Fest, Tennessee Williams Literary Festival, and Hogs for the Cause.
New Orleans activities are not limited to festivals and events. There’s a variety of family-friendly attractions to enjoy. The Audubon Zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals and the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas immerses you in an underwater world. The National WWII Museum is a must-see for history buffs. Get a behind-the scenes look at New Orleans’ largest festival at Mardi Gras World, where more than 80 percent of the floats that journey down New Orleans’ streets during the Carnival season are designed and built. Explore more than 30,000 square feet of handson, interactive exhibits at the Louisiana Children’s Museum; or float along the Mighty Mississippi on a Riverboat cruise.
If you want your reunion in New Orleans, the team at the New Orleans CVB has numerous services to assure your reunion planning is seamless. The professional sales staff is ready to provide complimentary assistance, sample itineraries, visitor guides and maps for family welcome bags and assistance in contacting hotels, venues and more.